I had half a day’s halt at Singapore while traveling to Australia.
This is the rough itinerary I made before leaving. Ended up making a lot of changes as I had a friend living in Singapore who showed me around.
- 7:00 AM Reach Airport, Terminal 3
- 9:00 AM Deposit Luggage, $13 facility at airport
- 10:00 AM Orchard road, Shopping and random market. (I ended up visiting Sentosa instead)
- 12:00 PM Singapore Flyer (3.2 km, 6m by car), $29.70.
- 1:00 PM Marina Bay Sands SkyPark. (1.5 km), $23 — Sky Park Observatory. Good for taking pictures
- 1:30 PM Gardens by the Bay, Municipal park. Some supertree groves and cloud forest seem to be good. Have lunch here
- 3:00 PM Light and water show
- 3:30 PM Merlion Park, This park holds the iconic landmark of Singapore: a mythical half-lion, half-fish creature (nearby: Padang, City HAll, Raffles Landing Site, Dalhousie Obelisk)
- 5:00 PM Random shopping and buy Kun Kaya Toast.
- 6:00 PM Esplanade — Theatres on Bay, So called landmark of Singapore (opens at noon). Has a concert hall, malls etc.
- 7:00 PM Clarke Quay. Lots of restaurants and bars. Brewerkz looks to be a good bar. Other suggestions?
- 9:00 PM Reach Airport. Depart for Sydney.
Other things I would have loved to visit if there was more time:
- Buddha Temple and Museum. Free entry
- Masjid Sultan and Arab Street — most important and beautiful Mosques in the Singapore
- Little India — already seen india
- Night safari: didn’t stay until night
- Bird park — takes full day to visit