Google, Software Engineer (July 2015 onwards)
Hotels Search, Mountain View CA
Working as a Software Engineer in Hotels Search team. I work on Hotels Reviews
Gmail and Inbox team, Hyderabad
Built performance monitoring tools for Inbox by Gmail Android, now used by multiple Android teams at Google.
NICTA Canberra Research Laboratory, Australia (May 2014 – Jul 2014)
Fine grained analysis of Friend Sensor
Intern, Machine Learning Research Group
At NICTA Canberra Research Laboratory, I worked under the guidance of Dr. Scott Sanner on developing a Fine-grained extension to the friend sensor model, a model based on friendship paradox for pre-emptive trend detection. We identified central users by modelling network structure from interactions of 20 million Twitter users from 2 billion Tweets using Apache Lucene.
SONY Corporation, Tokyo, Japan (May 2013 – Jul 2013)
Sentiment Analysis for Camera Brand Equity
Intern, Big Data Section, Cloud PF DevOps Division
At SONY Corporation, I examined brand equity through sentiment analysis of Tweets and Reviews and developed a framework to visualize branding factors in D3.js.
University of Wisconsin – Madison, USA (May 2012 – Jul 2012)
Study of Gene expression
Intern, Ansari Lab, Dept. of Biochemistry
As a Khorana Scholar at UW Madison, I worked on predicting the effect of transcription factors on gene expression by implementing Hidden Markov model and determined pivotal sequences at SSU72 gene enrichment sites.
Teknovates (Sep 2011 – Oct 2014)
I co-founded Teknovates, a firm that provided web based tools, websites and SEO services for education and healthcare industry.
Open Source work during college
- Emotion Classification: Feature selection framework using Hilbert-Schmidt independence and backward elimination for EEG.
- Smart Chat: Real-time personalized recommender for instant messaging.
- Basis Expansion: Non-linear feature generation library using basis expansion methods like Recht and Rahimi’s Random Fourier Features.
- OCR Recognition: Undirected Graphical Models for optical character word recognition.
- LMGTFY Chrome Extension: LMGTFY is for all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than google it for themselves.
- Facebook Birthday Response: Python script to automatically thank users and like their birthday wishes on timeline.
- Commerce CCAvenue: Drupal module for integrating with the CCAvenue payment gateway.
- Drinkify: Android application to find drinks similar to the one entered by the user and locate bars in India.
- PaletteArt: Image editing application for Android to turn images into amazing landscapes in 3 clicks.
- International Student CanSat Competition: Developed communication and Ground Control Station software for atmospheric re-entry vehicle competition securing International Rank 3 out of 40 teams in the CanSat 2012 competition at Abilene, TX, USA.
- Doctor Diabetes: Implemented a novel image-processing algorithm into a mobile-health tool for maintaining diet logs qualifying as national semifinalists in the Healthcare Innovation World Cup 2013 organized by HIT Lab New York.
- Sanjeevani: Developed Web application that connects blood donors, blood banks, hospitals and administration for the Australia 2012 Microsoft Imagine Cup.
- Microsoft App-a-thon: Winner for developing the highest number of apps at the Windows Phone Appathon organized by Microsoft India Development Center.
- Water Manager: Prototyped building complex with efficient water reuse and a program for real-time usage monitoring. Among the National top 10 and selected for the finals for the GE Edison Challenge.
- Self-Charging Gadgets: Proposed piezoelectric charger for mobile phones. Among the National top 10 in the IBM Technical Web Contest 2011.
- Mail Scheduler: Developed an application that enables users to schedule emails winning the Honorable mention award at Yahoo India HackU 2011.